The Population Association of New Zealand (PANZ) is a forum for the discussion, study and promotion of population issues. As the population of New Zealand continues to grow and to diversify, our collective understanding of the nature and implications of change are enhanced by robust analysis and discussion. We recognise the value of informed debate about population matters, and we encourage multi-disciplinary knowledge.
- to provide an understanding of population issues
- to encourage the study of population
- to provide a multi-disciplinary forum for the discussion of population matters
- to encourage the spread and use of information on population matters
- to liaise with other national and international organisations with related population interests
- to act as a focus for the preparation of submissions on population matters